Wednesday 8th March - Wednesday 5th April
5 Week (Evening Class); Learn To Sew Trousers with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
This 5 week series workshop, which is ran from Just Sew Penrith, is designed for those that are wanting to expand on their dressmaking skills and master all the skills involved for sewing your own trousers!
This workshop will cover a wide range of skills including:
- How to take measurements for trousers
- How to make any pattern adjustments
- How to make a toile and make further fitting adjustments based on the toile fit
- How to sew a faux fly
- How to sew in-seam pockets
- How to sew button holes
- Plus lots of different sewing techniques!
Size range for the trouser pattern is approximately a UK 6 through to UK 34. If you would like a break down of the sizings before booking, please contact us.
There are lots of variations that you can sew, from different leg cuts, different lengths (shorts, 3/4's or full length) as well as choosing between a traditional woven design, or sew up your own super comfy jogging bottoms! Even after the workshop, you will be able to put your skills to practice at home, with all of these options available.
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course and also have had some experience of sewing up some dressmaking garments, though not necessarily trousers!
Course Dates: Wednesday 7th June, Wednesday 14th June, Wednesday 21st June, Wednesday 28th June and Wednesday 5th July.
Course Start: 5.30pm
Course Finish 8:30pm
Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Sewing Craft Room environment at Just Sew, Penrith, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the workshop
- Paper pattern and instruction booklet
- Print out booklet of other key information and tips and tricks for sewing a shirt.
What you will need to bring with you
- Fabric – you will need to bring TWO lots of fabric with you. Your main fabric and some cheaper quality fabric for your toile. Fabric quantities will depend on the size you will sew. A full breakdown will be provided on booking.
- Thread to match your fabric
- 5cm Wide Elastic
- 40cm Fusible Interfacing
- Optional: If you would like to add a drawstring to your trousers/shorts, then you can also bring some cord to match. Your waist measurement plus an extra 50-60cm or so to allow for the ties.
- Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine
The pattern used for this workshop is the fabulous Tula Pants by Papercut.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.