Saturday 7th October 2023
For Confident Beginners, expand your journey into dressmaking by learning how to Sew with Jersey with Lucy from Lakes and Fells.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE CLASSROOM UPSTAIRS AT JUST SEW, PENRITH
Jersey is a wonderful fabric to wear and creates beautiful garments - plus due to the stretch the fitting doesn't have to be exact - bonus! Continue your dress making experience on how to handle and sew with Jersey by making a jersey dress or top, with Lucy guiding you every step of the way!
Coco includes some beautiful optional design features, including the funnel neckline, cuffs, patch pockets and a side seam split for the top. There are no fiddly fastenings here, so you can really focus on getting confident with sewing with jersey and learning all the top tips as you do so!
Coco can be made from a UK Size 6 - 24.
You do need to have some basic sewing machine experience for this course, but not necessarily dressmaking experience.
If you don't have any sewing machine experience, we recommend that you attend our Beginners Sewing Workshop first. Alternatively you can contact us directly to arrange a 1-2-1 lesson prior to this day workshop.
Our classes are small and will only have up to a maximum of six people attending to ensure that you have plenty of time with your tutor throughout the day.
Course Start: 9.30am
Course Finish 4.00pm
Course Location: Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Coco Pattern and a colour instruction booklet that you can take home with you.
- All haberdashery items that are required.
- Classroom environment at Just Sew, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- Lunch isn't provided, but there are plenty of local coffee shops to purchase your lunch on the day, or you can use the fridge in the classroom.
What you will need to bring with you:
- Dress Fabric:
- For the Top:
- Up to 2.40m using 115cm/45" wide fabric OR Up to 2.20m using 150cm/60" wide fabric.
- For the Dress:
- Up to 2.90m using 115cm/45" wide fabric OR up to 2.70m using 150cm/60" wide fabric.
- The exact amount you need for the fabric will depend on what size you are sewing.
- Thread to match your fabric
- Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine
- Though for an additional £5.00 you can hire one of our sewing machines. Please notify us before the workshop if you would like to hire a machine.
(The pattern used in the workshop is the Coco Top/Dress pattern from the award winning Tilly And The Buttons.)
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.