3 day Weekend Course: Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th March 2023
'Bring your Own' Upholstery Project with Liam from Lakes and Fells
Designed for those who have had a little experience before in the upholstery world and are looking to take their skills to the next level. Over the duration you will have 18 hours to complete your project so this course is perfect for items which are a little larger than what you would do on our beginner Footstool course.
These could include for example, one small to medium bedroom chair/armchair or several smaller items such as dining chairs. Please scroll through the pictures for example sizes and difficulty. You will be able to store your item at the Lakes and Fells base for the duration so you wont need to keep bringing back and forth.
With a max of 4 people on a workshop, engross yourself in a fun, relaxed and informative environment to produce a lovely piece of furniture to take home and show off to your friends and family!
Full tutorial and support throughout with Liam.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO WELCOME YOU HERE BUT BEFORE SIGNING UP PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US SO WE CAN DISCUSS IF YOUR ITEM WOULD BE SUITABLE ON THIS 4 WEEK COURSE.
- 3 day continuous weekend course (accommodation is available on site)
- Taking place within the day 9:30am - 3:30pm.
- Its preferable to have some form of previous basic upholstery experience, but not essential. Drop us a message before purchasing if you have any questions on this topic.
- Workshop studio environment at Midland Barn, Renwick, CA10 1JL.
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- All general upholstery materials (foam, dacron, webbing, staples, paint, wax etc) Any larger pieces that are required will be discussed at start of project.
- All upholstery tools and Sewing machines are provided, but you can bring your own if preferred.
What you will need to bring with you
- Your item of furniture and the Fabric of your choice.
- Where Upholstery trim is required we ask that you buy and bring this yourself so that you can coordinate this with your fabrics.
- We do offer a whole range of fabrics ourselves at £10pm so if you are struggling to find any yourself please do give us a shout.
- We also offer a 25% discount on all of our upholstery fabrics for those using on this course: https://www.lakesandfells.co.uk/collections/bespoke-fabric
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before the date of first workshop in this series, then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made. Refunds for cancellations over 30 days are subject to the small admin charge we incurred when taking the initial payment.