Saturday 16th July 2022
Beginner Improvers Workshop Making Your Own Tote Bag Workshop with Lucy from Lakes and Fells.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE CLASSROOM UPSTAIRS AT JUST SEW, PENRITH
Have you just started to learn how to sew, or maybe you are coming back to sewing and wanting to build your confidence of using your sewing machine, then join us on the16th July and learn to sew your very own Tote lined bag.
Through making this tote bag, you will learn how to read a pattern, understand sewing symbols and terminology, laying out your patterns pieces and cutting fabric correctly and learn how to insert zips two ways!
You do need to have some basic sewing machine experience for this course.
If you don't have any sewing machine experience, we recommend that you attend our Beginners Sewing Workshop first. Alternatively you can contact us directly to arrange a 1-2-1 lesson prior to this day workshop.
Our classes are small and will only have up to a maximum of six people attending to ensure that you have plenty of time with your tutor throughout the day.
Course Start: 9.30am
Course Finish 4.00pm
Course Location: Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Bag Pattern and a colour instruction booklet that you can take home with you.
- All haberdashery items that are required.
- Classroom environment at Just Sew, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- Lunch isn't provided, but there are plenty of local coffee shops to purchase your lunch on the day, or you can bring your own lunch with you.
What you will need to bring with you:
- 60cm Exterior Fabric
- 70cm Lining Fabric
- 6" Zip for Interior Zip Pocket
- 8" Zip for Exterior Zip Pocket
- 1.2m of 38mm wide cotton webbing for the handles.
- Matching Thread
- Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine
- Though for an additional £5.00 you can hire one of our sewing machines. Please notify us before the workshop if you would like to hire a machine.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.