Saturday 21st May 2022
Start your journey into dressmaking by sewing your very own PJ bottoms with Lucy from Lakes and Fells.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE CLASSROOM UPSTAIRS AT JUST SEW, PENRITH
Fancy giving dressmaking a go? Then how about starting off with sewing up a beautiful pair of PJ bottoms.
There are no fiddly fastenings or zips, instead an elasticated waistband, with the option of learning how to make button holes AND how to insert your own in-seam pockets.
During the workshop Lucy will walk you through each of the stages of sewing up your PJ bottoms from learning how to take your measurements, placing and cutting fabric pieces correctly and constructing your garment, as well as showing how you can modify the pattern further to customise them further.
The Jaimie PJ bottoms can be made from UK size 4 - 24.
You do need to have some basic sewing machine experience for this course, but not necessarily dressmaking experience.
If you don't have any sewing machine experience, we recommend that you attend our Beginners Sewing Workshop first. Alternatively you can contact us directly to arrange a 1-2-1 lesson prior to this day workshop.
Our classes are small and will only have up to a maximum of six people attending to ensure that you have plenty of time with your tutor throughout the day.
Course Start: 9.30am
Course Finish 4.00pm
Course Location: Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Jaimie PJ Pattern and a colour instruction booklet that you can take home with you.
- All haberdashery items that are required.
- Classroom environment at Just Sew, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- Lunch isn't provided, but there are plenty of local coffee shops to purchase your lunch on the day, or you can bring your own with you.
What you will need to bring with you:
- Dress Fabric:
- For the Shorts (for all sizes):
- 1.00m of fabric (using either a 115cm/45" wide fabric) OR wide 150cm/60" fabric)
- For the Bottoms (the exact amount you need for the 150cm wide fabric will depend on what size you are sewing)
- 2.50m using a 115cm/45" wide fabric OR up to 2.50m using a 150cm/60" wide fabric.
- Thread to match your fabric
- Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine
- Though for an additional £5.00 you can hire one of our sewing machines. Please notify us before the workshop if you would like to hire a machine.
(The pattern used in the workshop is the Jaimie PJ pattern from the award winning Tilly And The Buttons.)
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.