Get To Know Your Overlocker with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
Next in our online workshop series is all about learning, getting to know and building your confidence on using your overlocker/serger!
With this online workshop, you will overcome your fear of your overlocker and build your confidence on using your machine, allowing you to take the next step in your sewing journey! We will start the workshop off with the basic skills, building up to getting the right settings for the perfect stitch to setting up your overlocker for some exciting new stitches!
What's covered in the workshop
- Overlocker Care
- Threading an Overlocker
- Getting the Perfect Overlocker Stitch (covering settings of the tension, differential feed and stitch length and width)
- Unpicking Overlocking Stitches
- Securing Overlocking Stitches
- Overlocking Curves and Corners
- How To Change Overlocker Needles
- How to set up your overlocker for different overlocking stitches (rolled hems, lettuce hems, picot edge, narrow hem, blind hem and flat lock stitch)
- 13 individual videos on separate topics on getting to know your overlocker.
- Online workshop which you can access 24/7 via our Facebook Group.
- PDF documentation outlining the key information covered in the videos
- PDF Troubleshooting documentation, which acts as a quick reference guide for resolving any issues you might have with your overlocker.
What you will need
- Your Overlocker
- Overlocker thread - ideally 4 reels, each a different colour,
- Accessory Kit that came with your overlocker (needles, tweezers, screwdrivers etc)
Our Online Workshops are currently ran through Facebook Groups, so that we can continue to have an "in-person" and "community" feel similar to our physical workshops here at Lakes and Fells. The workshops are accessible 24/7 and you can track your own progress through each of the modules, as well as share your makes with the group!
Once you purchase one or more of the below workshops, we will send you a link on how to access the Facebook group. To successfully join the group, you will need to answer the Facebook Group "Membership Questions" confirming your order number and email address used when you made your purchase.
Please also note, that here at Lakes and Fells Workshop Retreats we are pleased to inform you that when you purchase an online workshop, 10% of the workshop price is donated to charity.
For this particular workshop, we will be donating to the RNLI (Royal National Lifeboats Institute)