Sew your own Jaimie PJ Bottoms with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
Fancy giving dressmaking a go? Then how about starting off with sewing up your very own pair of PJ bottoms?
With the option of an elasticated waistband or drawstring waistband, there are no fiddly fastenings or zips!
You can make the PJ bottoms either as a long full length bottoms (perfect for winter PJ's or lounge pant!) or as shorts.
During this ONLINE workshop Lucy will walk you through each of the stages of sewing up your Jaimie's through individual models. Plus there are BONUS modules showing how you can modify the pattern further to give EVEN more variations, including adding pockets!
The Jaimie PJ bottoms can be made from UK size 4 - 24.
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course, but not necessarily dressmaking experience.
If you don't have any sewing machine experience, we recommend that you attend our Beginners Sewing Weekend Workshop first. Head over to our in-person workshop list to find up to date dates for these workshops!
- PAPER Jaimie PJ Bottom Pattern and a colour instruction booklet that will be sent directly to your door. Postage is FREE OF CHARGE.
- In your pattern, we also provide a complementary pocket pattern piece, so you can make Jaimie with pockets. Lucy will walk you through how to sew your pockets as additional steps through this online workshop.
- Online workshop which you can access 24/7 via our Facebook Group.
- 12+ individual modules walking you through every step to make your own Jaimie, from fabric discussions, measurements, pattern prep, construction and how to customise Jaimie further.
What you will need
- Dress Fabric:
- For the Shorts (for all sizes):
- 1.00m of fabric (using either a 115cm/45" wide fabric OR wide 150cm/60" fabric)
- For the Bottoms (the exact amount you need for the 150cm wide fabric will depend on what size you are sewing)
- 2.50m using a 115cm/45" wide fabric OR up to 2.50m using 150cm/60" wide fabric.
- Thread to match your fabric
- 25mm Elastic that measures your lower waist measurement. Only required if making the elasticated waistband.
- Scrap bit of fusible interfacing. Only required for the drawstring version.
(The pattern used in the workshop is the Jaimie Bottoms pattern from the award winning Tilly And The Buttons.)
Our Online Workshops are currently ran through Facebook Groups, so that we can continue to have an "in-person" and "community" feel similar to our physical workshops here at Lakes and Fells. The workshops are accessible 24/7 and you can track your own progress through each of the modules, as well as share your makes with the group!
Once you purchase one or more of the below workshops, we will send you a link on how to access the Facebook group. To successfully join the group, you will need to answer the Facebook Group "Membership Questions" confirming your order number and email address used when you made your purchase.
Please also note, that here at Lakes and Fells Workshop Retreats we are pleased to inform you that when you purchase an online workshop, 10% of the workshop price is donated to charity.
For this particular workshop, we will be donating to the Renwick Church.