Sew your own Stevie Top or Tunic Dress with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
Next in our online dressmaking workshop series is making your own Stevie Top or Tunic Dress.
Stevie is a relaxed box style fit with grown on sleeves. It is a pull over style so there are no fiddly fastenings or zips - perfect for beginners. Instead there is a beautiful key hole fastening on the back, which can be made from fabric ties or with a button loop closure.
You can make Stevie as a top which finishes around the high hip, an above the knee tunic dress OR you can follow our hacking modules and make many more variations with a little bit of pattern hacking.
During this ONLINE workshop Lucy will walk you through each of the stages of sewing up your Stevie through individual models covering all the essentials of measurements, pattern alterations and fabric cutting, as well as the construction of Stevie. Plus there are BONUS modules showing how you can modify the pattern further to give you EVEN more on trend variations.
Once you've signed up, we will send a paper copy of the Stevie to you. So no faffing having to print your pattern at home! Or, if you already have the Stevie pattern in your stash and don't need a paper copy, then you can still join the workshop, just select the "workshop only" option.
Stevie can be made from UK size 6 - 24.
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course, but not necessarily dressmaking experience.
If you don't have any sewing machine experience, we recommend that you attend our Beginners Sewing Weekend Workshop first. Head over to our in-person workshop list to find up to date dates for these workshops!
- PAPER Stevie Top and Tunic Dress Pattern and a colour instruction booklet that will be sent directly to your door. Postage is FREE OF CHARGE.
- Already have the pattern in your stash? Then you can purchase this workshop with the option to not receive a copy of the paper pattern.
- Online workshop which you can access 24/7 via our Facebook Group.
- 12+ individual modules walking you through every step to make your own Stevie, from fabric discussions, measurements, pattern prep, construction.
- Access to bonus modules where Lucy will teach and guide you on how to hack and customise Stevie to make more variations!
What you will need
- Dress Fabric:
- For the Top (the exact amount you need for the 150cm wide fabric will depend on what size you are sewing)
- 1.80m using a 115cm/45" wide fabric OR up to 1.60m using 150cm/60" wide fabric.
- For the Tunic Dress (the exact amount you need for the 150cm wide fabric will depend on what size you are sewing)
- 2.30m using a 115cm/45" wide fabric OR up to 2.10m using 150cm/60" wide fabric.
- Thread to match your fabric
- 30cm fusible interfacing. This should be of similar weight to your fabric.
- For the Button Loop Closure: 1x 12mm-18mm size button and 10cm corded elastic or elasticated hair bobble.
(The pattern used in the workshop is the Stevie pattern from the award winning Tilly And The Buttons.)
Our Online Workshops are currently ran through Facebook Groups, so that we can continue to have an "in-person" and "community" feel similar to our physical workshops here at Lakes and Fells. The workshops are accessible 24/7 and you can track your own progress through each of the modules, as well as share your makes with the group!
Once you purchase one or more of the below workshops, we will send you a link on how to access the Facebook group. To successfully join the group, you will need to answer the Facebook Group "Membership Questions" confirming your order number and email address used when you made your purchase.
Please also note, that here at Lakes and Fells Workshop Retreats we are pleased to inform you that when you purchase an online workshop, 10% of the workshop price is donated to charity.
For this particular workshop, we will be donating to the Great North Air Ambulance