Understanding Dressmaking Patterns with Lucy.
You have wanted to give dressmaking a go, you even have a pattern at home, but the instructions and terminology have just confused you. You aren't sure what size to make, what supplies you need or just fell down the rabbit hole with the world of PDF patterns and what A4 and A0 copies mean? Sound familiar, then this workshop is for you.
Through our FREE online workshop, Lucy will guide you through each of the stages of a pattern so by the end of the workshop you will be able to;
- Read a pattern, from understanding what supplies are required for the pattern and identifying what pattern pieces you need.
- Understand the symbols and terminology used throughout patterns
- Understand the differences between commercial and independent patterns
- Take body measurements and how to use them to select the size you would sew.
- Place your pattern pieces on fabric correctly and economically
Whilst this course is designed specifically for dressmaking patterns, it will be transferable to other sewing patterns like bags, cushions and other home accessories.
Please note that you will not be making anything on this course.
- Video content and booklet that you can download and print at home covering the key points discussed plus hints and tips!
- As this is an online workshop ran via Facebook, it is accessible 24/7, with each section broken down into individual topics. It also allows you to track your progress through the workshop.
- Any questions? Just post a question in the group, or send a direct message and we will respond!
Access to the Workshop
- To access and join our Understanding Dressmaking Patterns Workshop (ran via Facebook), then click here.