Saturday 4th February 2023
Sewing for Beginners with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
This one day workshop, which is ran from Just Sew Penrith, is designed for those that are wanting to learn to sew with a sewing machine. To do this course, you do not need to have any sewing experience.
By the end of the workshop you will have learnt how to;
- Thread a sewing machine
- Sew in straight lines
- Make button holes
- Sew in zips.
You will have the option to make one of two projects on the day;
- Buttoned Envelope Cushion Cover
- Zipped pouch
You will be provided with instructions on how to make both projects that you can take away with you:
Course Start: 10.00am
Course Finish 4.00pm
Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Sewing Craft Room environment at Just Sew, Penrith, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
- All haberdashery items that are required for the projects
- Sewing Machines are provided. Though you are welcome to bring your own if preferred.
What you will need to bring with you
- For the Buttoned Envelope Cushion Cover
- 50cm x 75cm fabric - fabric suggestions include wool, quilting cotton, lightweight upholstery fabric.
- If your fabric requires pattern matching then you will need to bring additional fabric with you.
- For the Zipped Pouch
- 2 x Fat Quarters (one for exterior and one for lining) - fabric suggestions include cotton, quilting cotton
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.