Saturday 2nd September 2023
Get To Know Your Overlocker with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
This one day workshop, which is ran from Just Sew Penrith, is designed for those that are wanting to learn and build up confidence with your overlocker. To do this course, you will need to bring your own overlocker.
Over the course of the workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- Overlocker Anatomoy
- Overlocker Care
- Threading an Overlocker
- Getting the Perfect Overlocker Stitch (covering settings of the tension, differential feed and stitch length and width)
- Unpicking Overlocking Stitches
- Securing Overlocking Stitches
- Overlocking Curves and Corners
- How To Change Overlocker Needles
- How to set up your overlocker for different overlocking stitches (rolled hems, lettuce hems, picot edge, narrow hem, blind hem and flat lock stitch)
You will also be provided with a printed worksheet, covering the key details of the above, as well as a troubleshooting cheat sheet.
Course Start: 10.00am
Course Finish 4.00pm
Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Sewing Craft Room environment at Just Sew, Penrith, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
- Fabrics that are required to create samples and practice the above topics on
What you will need to bring with you
- Your Overlocker
- 4 different colour overlocker thread reels.
- Accessory Kit that came with your overlocker (needles, tweezers, screwdrivers)
- Overlocker Manual
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.