Saturday 13th April 2024
Reupholster your own Headboard with Liam from Lakes and Fells
Designed for complete beginners, this day is perfect for your first foray into the upholstery world. With a max of 6 people on a workshop, engross yourself in a fun, relaxed and informative environment to revamp a current headboard you have which is in need of a new look! So maybe for your newly refurbed bedroom? Or perhaps a new look for your son or daughters room?
You will need to bring along your own headboard to complete this project. Sizes from Small - Superking would be suitable. We can also reupholster in a different style to include studs, piping or buttons to really give a POW makeover. Depending on size and style you are going for, there is the possibility of completing two headboards in the day. For example, a small headboard with no extras (studs/buttons) would be a lot quicker than completing a King size with button / stud work etc.
For any questions on this please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Full tutorial throughout with Liam. As well as completing your own headboard, you will learn about the tools (such as the air staple gun, which are particularly good fun) and materials used as well as covering lots of other techniques including cutting fabric correctly, applying studs and buttoning.
Workshop studio environment at The Hub, Brampton Community Centre, CA8 1BX
- Workshop duration: 10-3pm
- Tea, coffee and light refreshments throughout.
- All upholstery materials (dacron, staples, glue, buttons, black back sheet etc)
- All upholstery tools are provided, but you can bring your own if preferred.
- An extra charge is applied to those looking to add studs or new foam to their headboards.
What you will need to bring with you
- You will need to bring along your own fabric of choice which will be between 1 and 2 metres depending on size. We shall confirm this on enrolment to course.
- We will provide refreshments throughout, however we suggest either to bring a little grub along for lunch or there is several lovely cafes within 5 mins walk of our base.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before the date of first workshop in this series, then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
Refunds for cancellations over 30 days are subject to the small admin charge we incurred when taking initial payment.