Saturday 4th February 2023
Know Your Fabrics with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
With an ever increasing amount of fabrics available, this half day workshop, which is ran from Just Sew Penrith, is an informative workshop to help you get to grips with fabrics, learn the differences between them, how to match fabrics to patterns and what to look out for when you work with fabrics too!
This workshop will cover;
- Understanding the range of woven fabrics and stretch fabrics available, and the characteristics of them.
- Natural fibres vs man made vs blended fabrics
- What needles are best to use for what fabrics
- What the weight of fabric means for your project
You will be provided with a booklet of fabric samples with the key info we cover, so you can use that as a handy guide for your future projects.
Course Start: 10.00am
Course Finish 13:00pm
Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Sewing Craft Room environment at Just Sew, Penrith, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
- All haberdashery items that are required for the projects
- Booklet with fabric samples outlining the key points discussed through the workshop
What you will need to bring with you
- Nothing! :) If you are struggling with picking out a fabric for a pattern, or have a fabric sitting in your stash, but not sure what to do with it, then feel free to bring them along with you and Lucy will be able to assist!
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.