June 9th 2021
Sew your own Dominique Skirt with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
Fancy giving dressmaking a go? Then how about starting off with sewing up a simple skirt?
There are no fiddly fastenings or zips, instead an elasticated waistband.
You can make the skirt either straight or flared, both of which come in two lengths. Plus you can customise them further with patch pockets and a sash tie belt.
During the workshop Lucy will walk you through each of the stages of sewing up your skirt and will also show how you can modify the pattern further to give EVEN more on-trend variations.
The Dominique skirt can be made from UK size 6 - 24.
Lucy is wearing a UK size 8 of both the Short Straight Skirt using a needlecord fabric and Midi Length Flared Skirt using a viscose fabric. The mannequin is modelling the Knee Length Straight Skirt using a chambray fabric in a size 14 and Knee Length Flared Skirt using a floral cotton/viscose blended fabric in a size 18
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course, but not necessarily dressmaking experience.
If you don't have any sewing machine experience, we recommend that you attend our Beginners Sewing Weekend Workshop first, which takes place on the 7th- 8th November 2020 or alternatively you can contact us directly to arrange a 1-2-1 lesson prior to this day workshop.
Our classes are small and will only have up to a maximum of six people attending to ensure that you have plenty of time with your tutor throughout the day.
- Dominique Skirt Pattern and a colour instruction booklet that you can take home with you.
- All haberdashery items that are required.
- Sewing Machines are available to use, but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred.
- Workshop studio environment at Midland Barn, Renwick, CA10 1JL
- Lunch, tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
What you will need to bring with you
- Dress Fabric;
- 1.00m - 2.30m using a 150cm/60" wide fabric
- 1.20m - 3.10m using a 115cm/45" wide fabric.
- A specific breakdown of fabric requirements will be provided once you've signed up to the course, as it depends on what size you will want to make.
(The pattern used in the workshop is the Dominique Skirt pattern from the award winning Tilly And The Buttons.)
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.