Saturday 15th - Sunday 16th October 2022
Make your own Dressing Table or Footstool with Liam from Lakes and Fells
Designed for complete beginners, this weekend is perfect for your first foray into the upholstery world. With a max of 4 people on a workshop, engross yourself in a fun, relaxed and informative environment to produce a lovely piece of furniture to take home and show off to your friends and family!
Full tutorial throughout with Liam. You will learn about the tools (such as the air staple gun, which are particularly good fun) and materials used as well as covering lots of techniques including webbing, cutting fabric correctly, applying studs and buttoning. You will have an array of paints and waxes to finish your legs to compliment your fabric choice.
Rough dimensions of stool: (19" Length) x (13" Width) x (5" Depth) + Legs for footstool (4/5") or dressing table (9/10")
Workshop studio environment at Midland Barn, Renwick, CA10 1JL.
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- All upholstery materials (frames, foam, dacron, webbing, staples, paint, wax etc)
- All upholstery tools are provided, but you can bring your own if preferred.
- An extra charge of £10 is applied to those making a dressing table stool due to the larger legs required.
What you will need to bring with you
- 1 metre of Fabric of your choice (this is the fun part). We do offer a whole range of fabrics ourselves at £10pm so if you are struggling to find any yourself please do give us a shout.
OPTIONAL ACCOMMODATION AT MIDLAND BARN
2 x Superking Rooms at £85 per night (Friday and Saturday nights available)
ALL room accommodation is shared bathroom facilities. Strictly one person per bed, unfortunately we cannot facilitate partners etc.
Rooms are booked on a first come, first serve basis - please email us at email@example.com to book into one of our rooms or for more info.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.