September 21st - 23rd 2021
Sew your own Eden coat with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
Come and join us on September 21st - 23rd midweek retreat to make your own Eden coat with Lucy.
The Eden coat pattern comes from the award winning designer, Tilly and the Buttons, and is a great pattern to expand your dressmaking skills. Lucy will guide you through the construction of your Eden coat from start to end, so you will finish leaving with the perfect autumn/winter coat!
The Eden coat can be made as a UK size 6 through to a UK size 20.
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course and also have had some experience of sewing up some dressmaking garments, though not necessarily coats!
If you don't have any dress making experience, we recommend that you sign up to one of our online dressmaking workshops, which you can find here.
- Eden Coat paper pattern, which comes with its own coloured instruction booklet.
- Cotton interfacing.
- Sewing Machines are available to use, but you are welcome to bring your own if preferred.
- Workshop studio environment at Midland Barn, Renwick, CA10 1JL
- Lunch, tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
What you will need to bring with you
- As this is a "personal" make with lots of optional features you will need to bring the following with you;
- Up to 3.50m (150cm/60" wide) or up to 4.60m (115cm/44" wide) outer fabric (the exact amount depends on which version of Eden you opt for, and what size you will sew)
- Up to 2.20m (150cm/60" wide) or up to 3.00m (115cm/44" wide) lining fabric
- Matching threads for your fabrics
- 10x 15mm press-on or sew on snaps
- Optional: 3x Ready made toggles and cord
- Optional: Open end zip (1x 50cm - 53cm OR 1x 58cm - 72cm depending which version you sew)
- When signing up, we'll provide a list of places where you can source your supplies.
OPTIONAL ACCOMMODATION AT MIDLAND BARN
2 x Superking Rooms at £70 per night (Mon, Tues and Wed nights available)
ALL room accommodation is shared bathroom facilities. Strictly one person per bed, unfortunately we cannot facilitate partners etc. An optional Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night meal are available at £25 per person per night.
Rooms are booked on a first come, first serve basis - please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book into one of our rooms or for more info.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.