Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th September 2023
Full Weekend Workshop; Sew A Rainbow Hoodie with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
This workshop is suitable for both Women and Men!
As the pattern is available for both women and men, please add a comment on your booking if you would like the Women's or Men's pattern.
Join Lucy on 16th - 17th September at Just Sew Penrith, and learn to sew your very own Rainbow hoodie. A classic hoodie with lots of features - well we say hoodie, but actually there are LOADS of options you can pick from, choose between;
- A classic zipped or over the head design
- Three different pocket options; Welt, Kangaroo or In-seam. Or if you're not a pocket person, you can exclude them altogether!
- Two hood options; the classic hood or an overlapping hood.
- You also have the option for just a simple neckband to create a jumper instead.
- Different hem options; simple hem or just bands with contrast or cuffing fabric, or use the same fabric
- Different length options!
Counting all the variations possible, there are over 70 different styles you can make for the Women's version and 30 versions for the Men's version. You really are getting more bang for your buck with this one!
This workshop will cover a wide range of skills including:
- How to take measurements and choose your pattern size
- How to make any pattern adjustments
- How to sew sleeves on the flat
- How to sew cuffing fabric
- How to sew a separating zip
- How to sew welt pockets
- How to sew Kangaroo pockets
- How to sew a hood
- How to use hardware
- Twin Stitching
Plus in true L&F style, we also include EXTRA steps on how to achieve a neat and professional finish, taking your hoodie from looking "homemade" to "handmade"
Size range for the WOMEN'S hoodie pattern is approximately EU 34 to 52. For the MEN'S hoodie pattern it is approximately XS - XXL. If you would like a break down of the sizings before booking, please contact us.
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course and ideally some experience of sewing up some basic dressmaking garments.
Course Dates: Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th September 2023.
We have designed this workshop to run over a full weekend, so you have ample time for constructing the more complex hoodie; the zipped hooded version with welt pockets. We like to make sure that you go home with a finished garment - maybe even wearing it as you leave on your final day!
Course Start: 10:00am
Course Finish 3:00pm
Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Sewing Craft Room environment at Just Sew, Penrith, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the workshop
- Paper pattern and instruction booklet
- Print out booklet of other key information and tips and tricks for sewing your hoodie.
What you will need to bring with you
- Fabric suggestions: French Terry, Sweatshirting, Ponte Di Roma
- Optional; Cuffing fabric for the bands
- Fabric quantities will depend on the size you will sew. A full breakdown will be provided on booking.
- Thread to match your fabric
- Scrap piece of Fusible Interfacing
- 1.50m drawstring cord
- 2x eyelets (diameter to match your chosen drawstring)
- Zipped Version:
- Classic Length; 55cm Open Ended Zip
- Above Knee Length; 80cm Open Ended Zip
- Below Knee Length: 90cm Open Ended Zip
- Midi: 110cm Open Ended Zip
- Optional: Aglets or Drawstring Stoppers to finish off your cord.
- Optional: Bias Binding for a neat professional finish.
- Sewing Kit
- Sewing Machine
The pattern used for this workshop is the fabulous "I Am Rainbow" by I Am Patterns
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that we keep our class numbers to a minimum, for this workshop, there will be a maximum of 6 students. This ensures that you have maximum time with Lucy plus space for you to spread out! We do require a minimum of two people for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.