Wednesday 25th January - Wednesday 1st March 2023
6 Week (Evening Class) Sew your own Eden Coat Masterclass with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
This 6 week series workshop, which is ran from Just Sew Penrith, is designed for those that are wanting to expand on their dressmaking skills and master all the skills involved for sewing your very own lined coat, using the Eden Coat pattern by the award winning designer, Tilly and the Buttons.
This workshop covers all the key features of a sewing a coat, so you will master lots of new skills including:
- How to sew, insert and line a hood
- How to insert raglan sleeves
- How to sew storm flaps
- How to sew differing options of patch pockets
- How to sew a pleat
- How to attach press studs
- How to insert an open ended zip (if using the zip option)
- How to create a holding thread chain
- How to fully line a coat
- How to handle waterproof fabric (if opting for the anoark version and using waterproof fabric)
- Plus lots of different sewing techniques!
The Eden coat can be made as a UK size 6 through to a UK size 20.
You do need to have some sewing machine experience for this course and also have had some experience of sewing up some dressmaking garments, though not necessarily coats!
If you don't have any dress making experience, we recommend that you sign up to one of our other dressmaking workshops first.
Course Dates: Wednesday 25th January, Wednesday 1st February, Wednesday 8th February, Wednesday 15th February, Wednesday 22nd February, Wednesday 1st March.
Course Start: 5.30pm
Course Finish 8:30pm
Just Sew, Poets Walk, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7HJ
- Sewing Craft Room environment at Just Sew, Penrith, CA11 7HJ
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout the workshop
- Paper pattern and instruction booklet
What you will need to bring with you
- As this is a "personal" make with lots of optional features you will need to bring the following with you;
- Up to 3.50m (150cm/60" wide) or up to 4.60m (115cm/44" wide) outer fabric
- Up to 2.20m (150cm/60" wide) or up to 3.00m (115cm/44" wide) lining fabric
- 1.40m Fusible Interfacing
- Matching threads for your fabrics
- 10x 15mm press-on or sew on snaps
- Optional: 3x Ready made toggles and cord
- Optional: Open end zip (1x 50cm - 53cm OR 1x 58cm - 72cm depending which version you sew)
- Sewing Machine and Sewing Kit (don't forget your paper scissors!)
- If preferred, for an additional £5.00 you can hire one of our sewing machines. Please notify us before the workshop if you would like to hire a machine.
Outer fabric suggestions; medium to heavy weight woven fabrics including wool coating, cotton drill, waxed canvas, Gore-tex.
Lining Fabric suggestions: viscose, acetate dress lining, satin, polyester, cotton lawn, or for a casual anorak a even stretch jersey.
When signing up, we'll provide a list of places where you can source your supplies and exact fabric quantities you will need to bring.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Please note that a minimum of two people are required for the course to go ahead.
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.