26th - 27th June 2021
Sewing for Beginners Weekend with Lucy from Lakes and Fells
This weekend retreat is designed for those that are wanting to learn to sew with a sewing machine. To do this course, you do not need to have any sewing experience.
By the end of the weekend you will have learnt how to;
- Thread a sewing machine
- Sew in straight lines
- Make your own self covered buttons
- Make button holes
- Sew in zips.
You will take away with you;
- Lined Shopper Bag
- Buttoned Envelope Cushion Cover
- Zipped pouch
Workshop studio environment at Midland Barn, Renwick, CA10 1JL.
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- All haberdashery items that are required for each of the three projects.
What you will need to bring with you
- For the lined shopper bag;
- 50cm x 140cm exterior fabric - fabric suggestions include lightweight cotton canvas, lightweight upholstery fabric, cotton twill.
- 50cm x 115cm lining fabric - fabric suggestions include cotton, quilting cotton.
- For the Buttoned Envelope Cushion Cover
- 50cm x 75cm fabric - fabric suggestions include wool, quilting cotton, lightweight upholstery fabric.
- If your fabric requires pattern matching then you will need to bring additional fabric with you.
- For the Zipped Pouch
- 2 x Fat Quarters (one for exterior and one for lining) - fabric suggestions include cotton, quilting cotton
OPTIONAL ACCOMMODATION AT MIDLAND BARN
2 x Superking Rooms at £70 per night (Friday and Saturday nights available)
1 x Double Rooms at £60 per night (Friday and Saturday nights available)
ALL room accommodation is shared bathroom facilities. Strictly one person per bed, unfortunately we cannot facilitate partners etc. An optional Saturday night meal is available at £25 per person.
Rooms are booked on a first come, first serve basis - please email us at email@example.com to book into one of our rooms or for more info.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.