February 24th 2021
Understanding Dressmaking Patterns with Lucy.
You have wanted to give dressmaking a go, you even have a pattern at home, but the instructions and terminology have just confused you. You aren't sure what size to make, what supplies you need or just fell down the rabbit hole with the world of PDF patterns and what A4 and A0 copies mean? Sound familiar, then this workshop is for you.
Lucy will guide you through each of the stages of a pattern so by the end of the workshop you will be able to;
- Read a pattern, from understanding what supplies are required for the pattern and identifying what pattern pieces you need.
- Understand the symbols and terminology used throughout patterns
- Understand the differences between commercial and independent patterns
- Take body measurements and how to use them to select the size you would sew.
- Place your pattern pieces on fabric correctly and economically
Whilst this course is designed specifically for dressmaking patterns, it will be transferable to other sewing patterns like bags, cushions and other home accessories.
Please note that you will not be making anything on this course.
Course Start Time: 10.00am
Course End Time: 1.00pm
- Booklet that you can take home with you outlining the key information covered during the day.
- Workshop studio environment at Midland Barn, Renwick, CA10 1JL
- tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
What you will need to bring with you
- You don't need to bring anything, as sample patterns will be used, but you are more than welcome to bring your own pattern if preferred.
- Try to wear clothing that isn't too baggy, as that will affect your body measurements.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: email@example.com
If the booking is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival than no charge is made and a full refund entitled.
If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.