Friday 24th May - Sunday 26th May 2024
3 Day Long Weekend 'Bring your Own' Upholstery Project with Liam
Designed for those who have had a little experience before in the upholstery world and are looking to take their skills to the next level. Over the duration you will have 15 hours to complete your project so this course is perfect for items which are a little larger than what you would do on our beginner Footstool course.
These could include for example, one small to medium bedroom chair/armchair or several smaller items such as dining chairs. Please scroll through the pictures for example sizes and difficulty.
With a max of 6 people on a workshop, engross yourself in a fun, relaxed and informative environment to produce a lovely piece of furniture to take home and show off to your friends and family!
Full tutorial and support throughout with Liam.
*You will be able to keep your piece at the workshop for the duration of the three days.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO WELCOME YOU HERE BUT BEFORE SIGNING UP PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US SO WE CAN DISCUSS IF YOUR ITEM WOULD BE SUITABLE ON THIS 4 WEEK COURSE.
- Starts Friday 24th May 2024 for 3 consecutive days.
- Taking place within the day 10am - 3pm.
- It's preferable to have some form of previous basic upholstery experience, either through our beginning upholstery day or weekend footstool course. Drop us a message before purchasing if you have any questions on this topic.
- Workshop studio environment at The Hut, Brampton Community Centre, CA8 1BX
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- All general upholstery materials (foam, dacron, webbing, staples, paint, wax etc). Any larger pieces that are required will be discussed at start of project.
- All upholstery tools are provided, but you can bring your own if preferred.
- We will provide light refreshments throughout, however we suggest either to bring a little grub along for lunch or there is several lovely cafes within 5 mins walk of our base.
- If you live further afield and are needing to stay over on the two nights, we suggest The Howard Arms Hotel (5 mins walk from our base).
What you will need to bring with you
- Your item of furniture and the Fabric of your choice.
- Where Upholstery trim or studs are required we ask that you buy and bring these yourself so that you can coordinate this with your fabrics. Please reach out for more info on this.
- We do offer a whole range of fabrics ourselves so if you are struggling to find any yourself please do give us a shout.
- We also offer a 25% discount on all of our own Lakes and Fells upholstery fabrics for those using on this course: https://www.lakesandfells.co.uk/collections/bespoke-fabric
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before the date of first workshop in this series, then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
Refunds for cancellations over 30 days are subject to the small admin charge we incurred when taking initial payment.