Saturday 28th - Sunday 29th September 2024
Make your own Footstool with Liam from Lakes and Fells
Designed for complete beginners, this weekend is perfect for your first foray into the upholstery world. With a max of 6 people on a workshop, engross yourself in a fun, relaxed and informative environment to produce a lovely piece of furniture to take home and show off to your friends and family.
Full tutorial throughout with Liam. You will learn about the tools (such as the air staple gun, which are particularly good fun) and materials used as well as covering lots of techniques including webbing, cutting fabric correctly, applying studs and buttoning. You will have an array of paints and waxes to finish your legs to compliment your fabric choice.
Rough dimensions of stool: (19" Length) x (13" Width) x (5" Depth) + Legs for footstool (6") or dressing table (15")
This is a 5 hour course: 10am - 3pm.
- Workshop studio environment at The Hut, Brampton Community Centre, CA8 1BX
- Tea, coffee and refreshments throughout.
- All upholstery materials (frames, foam, dacron, webbing, staples, paint, wax etc)
- All upholstery tools are provided, but you can bring your own if preferred.
What you will need to bring with you
- 1 metre of Fabric of your choice (this is the fun part). We do offer a whole range of fabrics ourselves so if you are struggling to find any yourself please do give us a shout.
- We will provide refreshments throughout, however we suggest either to bring a little grub along for lunch or there is several lovely cafes within 5 mins walk of our base.
- If you live further afield and are needing to stay over on the Saturday night, we suggest The Howard Arms Hotel (5 mins walk from our base).
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before the date of first workshop in this series, then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
Refunds for cancellations over 30 days are subject to the small admin charge we incurred when taking initial payment.