Saturday 13th April 2024
Reupholster your own Dining chair seats with Liam from Lakes and Fells
Designed for complete beginners, this day is perfect for your first foray into the upholstery world. With a max of 6 people on a workshop, engross yourself in a fun, relaxed and informative environment to revamp your dining chair seats you have which is in need of a new look! So maybe for your newly refurbed lounge? Or perhaps a new look for your kitchen table?
You will need to bring along your own Dining Chairs to complete this project. Preferably 'Drop in' seats will be the perfect items to bring. These are removable from the actual chair.
However if your dining chair seats are fixed to the chair (like the last picture attached - red fabric seat base with the studs) then this could still be okay. Please speak to Liam on the details below to confirm.
For any other questions on this please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Full tutorial throughout with Liam. As well as completing your own dining chair seats, you will learn about the tools (such as the air staple gun, which are particularly good fun) and materials used as well as covering lots of other techniques including cutting fabric correctly and foam work.
Workshop studio environment at The Hub, Brampton Community Centre, CA8 1BX
- Workshop duration: 10-3pm
- Tea, coffee and light refreshments throughout.
- All upholstery materials (dacron, staples, glue, buttons, black back sheet etc)
- All upholstery tools are provided, but you can bring your own if preferred.
- An extra charge is applied to those looking to add studs or new foam to their chairs.
What you will need to bring with you
- You will need to bring along your own fabric of choice which will be between 1 and 2 metres depending on size. We shall confirm this on enrolment to course.
- We will provide refreshments throughout, however we suggest either to bring a little grub along for lunch or there is several lovely cafes within 5 mins walk of our base.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
On request we can offer a spilt payment method to secure your place on a course. This would entail a 50% deposit on booking and the outstanding 50% due one month before arrival. Please email us direct to enquire about this option at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the booking is cancelled less than 30 days before the date of first workshop in this series, then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
Refunds for cancellations over 30 days are subject to the small admin charge we incurred when taking initial payment.